tammy's work in situ / in studio
I want to share with you some of the organizations that I support. I believe in these amazing people doing very good work in the world. When you purchase art and support my studio you are contributing to supporting these values too. Thank YOU!
- Gabriola Arts Council ~ To encourage the Gabriola Island community to realize it’s creative potential.
- Georgia Strait Alliance ~ Caring for our Coastal Waters.
- KIDS International Development Society ~ Their mission is to create better futures for children living in developing countries.
- Seva Canada ~ Seva works in many of the world’s poorest places to restore sight to those in greatest need.
- People for a Healthy Community ~ To support the health and well-being of all members of our community by offering a range of essential services.
- Haven House ~ Promote the integrity and safety of women, children, youth and families and the development of a respectful and healthy community.
- Growls Gabriola ~ GROWLS is a registered non-profit society whose mandate is the rescue of ill, injured or otherwise disabled wildlife and the preservation of natural wildlife habitat
- Island Wildlife Natural Care Centre ~ The only full time, year round facility in Canada caring for all wild species including marine mammals, avian and terrestrial mammals.
I also support Cats Alive, Gabriola Elementary School, Gabriola Community Hall, Greater Victoria Housing Society, and many more.
Visual artist Tammy Hudgeon grew up under the wide and endless sky of the Canadian Prairies, a place where the open landscape became deeply rooted in her soul.
A self taught artist, Tammy's artwork is shown widely, both nationally and internationally. Among her many honours and awards, Tammy is a two time B.C. Glass Art Award winner and has been cited for her contribution to her local arts community.
The scope of her work includes tiny glass gems, mixed media paintings and large scale glass, steel and wood sculptures, and anything else that helps her to connect to her authentic creative voice.
Tammy openly connects with the wild spirit of life, and this joyful, soulful energy is imbued into her artwork.
She’s been published in magazines and books, and interviewed about her art for T.V. and radio, including CBC's North by Northwest show.
Tammy travels widely and finds herself awed and inspired by the traditional and tribal cultures she’s visited and their spirited use of colour, adornment and sacred rituals.
Many of Tammy’s collectors know her art for her themes of nature, vibrant living colours and exuberant wild spirit.
- West End Gallery ~ Victoria, B.C.
- West End Gallery ~ Edmonton, AB
- Gainsborough Gallery ~ Calgary, AB
- Fallen Leaf Gallery ~ Canmore, AB
- Artzi Stuff ~ Nanaimo, B.C.
- Vancouver Studio Glass ~ Vancouver B.C.
- The Shayne Gallery ~ Montreal, QB
- Glass Artists Gallery ~ Online
Hudgeon’s work can be found in private and corporate collections throughout the world.
"I think what I love about Tammy Hudgeon's work, whether it's glass or painting, it lets the light in. She is an illuminator. Her work brings me great joy and is deeply inspiring. She has a beautiful, playful imagination and as an artist, she can give that imagination dimension and such brilliant colour.
I feel very lucky to have Tammy in my home."
"So many artists I know struggle to work their personality into their practice … Tammy? Ha! Her work is more “her” than she is, herself! Colourful, vibrant, energetic, bold and unapologetically heartfelt - whatever you’re “supposed” to feel about art flies out the window as all your senses start calling out, “Yes! Yes! I love this - I need this!” You can recognize Tammy’s work anywhere and, yet, there’s no way anyone could replicate it. A little weird, a little whacky, a little “who the hell knows?”all comes together in a soul-satisfying whole. What flows out of Tammy’s heart and makes itself into art is undeniably and uniquely Tammy - long may she reign! "
"Tammy's work is captivating. Full of joy, colour, and beauty, her glass pieces make me smile whenever I see them. Tammy is such a welcoming person that it makes her art feel accessible and inviting."
Dr. Liz Drance
"Tammy’s willingness to be brave, strong, and free in her art will continue to inspire and delight. Her unique use of images, colour and structure has helped create places of meaning, meditation and joy in our lives and lives of many. We are very grateful for how her work inspires us daily!"
Mandell Pinder LLP
"Tammy's art work is beautiful. It expresses a sense of spirit, joyfulness and kindness.
Working with Tammy in creating a piece for our home was a collaborative experience. From the first conversation to the completion of the piece - working with her was wonderful. She listens to your vision - provides insight and along the way the piece evolves from an idea to beautiful work of art.
Her authenticity radiates through her artwork.
Tammy has an ability to blend ideas, words, images and colour to create works of art that are authentic, truthful and beautiful.
A love of colour combined with her innate sense of design and pattern literally shine through in her work. She reveals inspiration by nature combined with her free-roaming spirit. Her glass pieces are exuberant, even on a cloudy day, and her interpretations of creatures large and small, in both her glass work and paintings, will encourage you to smile and reflect on beauty."
L.Martin BA hon. (Art History), MA.
"I am fortunate indeed, to own both small and large pieces of Tammy's masterful and enchanting work. The detail in Tammy's work is so beautiful and clearly shows her passion and joy for all that surrounds her. We are lucky to have some of that passion in our gardens in Victoria and Tofino, British Columbia."
"Tammy's love of colour combined with her innate sense of design and pattern literally shine through in her work. She reveals inspiration by nature combined with her free-roaming spirit. Her glass pieces are exuberant, even on a cloudy day, and her interpretations of creatures large and small, in both her glass work and paintings, will encourage you to smile and reflect on beauty."
Bonnie Tarchuk & Ross Sherwin